Supporters’ Privacy Notice
Engage Trust UK is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) introduced in May 2018 to strengthen your rights to privacy and give you more control over the personal information that organisations hold about you.
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when Engage Trust UK collects and uses your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully and if you’d like to learn more about our data protection and privacy policies or get further clarification, please contact us and we will be happy to assist, please email email@example.com
Engage Trust UK is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales (1165129).
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
- Make a donation to the work of Engage Trust UK
- Visit our website. Please see our Cookies section for more information;
- Sign up to receive news and updates on our work through newsletters, e-bulletins, etc.;
- Register to take part in any events or fundraising activities that we organise;
- Contact us with an enquiry;
From other sources:
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor. They have been carefully chosen and comply with the relevant Data Protection Legislation including GDPR. Please note that Mailchimps servers are based in the US which is outside of the EU however an adequacy decision has been reached by the EU that the US offers an adequate level of data protection.
A copy of Mailchimp’s Privacy Notice can be found at the following link:
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the MailChimp database, you will receive periodic (approximately three times a year) newsletter-style emails from us which may occasionally provide opportunities to support the work that we do.
If you decide to make a donation via the website to Engage Trust UK, your personal information will be processed by our third party supplier Stewardship (via www.give.net) on our behalf for the purpose of taking a payment and processing gift aid. Your personal information collected to process your donation is used uniquely for that purpose.
The email address and any other personal information that you submit to Stewardship will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems. A copy of Stewardship’s privacy notice can be found here:
Stewardship's Privacy Notice https://www.stewardship.org.uk/privacy/privacy-notice
The Personal Information We May Collect
- Personal identifiers such as your title, name and date of birth;
- Contact details including postal address, post code, email and telephone number;
- Financial information such as your bank details;
- Your history of donations made to Engage Trust UK, whether you are a UK tax payer and other information to enable us to claim Gift Aid on any eligible donations;
- The event(s) that you take part in;
- Records of your contact with us;
- Records of communications we have sent to you, including whether you have opened e-mails or clicked on links within them;
- Information gathered via cookies when you visit our website.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website. Such information will not identify you personally - it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer, as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Sensitive personal data
The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
Where necessary and consented to, we may collect details about your religious affiliation.
Additionally, we collect details about any health concerns or disability to make the necessary arrangements for your participation in an Engage Trust UK event or where you have disclosed this so we can meet any additional customer service requirements.
Engage Trust UK will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with greater care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
How We Process Your Personal Information
- When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us improve and provide you with the best service;
- To determine and improve the effectiveness of our website and marketing campaigns;
- To organise and coordinate Engage Trust UK events;
- To keep you informed about our work.
- To manage and coordinate our volunteers;
- To improve your experience on our website;
- For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements.
The Lawful Basis For Processing Your Personal Information
We process your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and all subsequent data protection laws. The lawful basis under which we process your personal information as a supporter of Engage Trust UK will be consent, except where required by contract (for example, if you make a booking to attend an Engage Trust UK event) or legal obligation (for example, to reclaim tax on eligible Gift Aid donations).
We love sharing news about how your support is changing the lives of children, families and communities. This includes sending you information about our work, news, appeals, campaigns, events, information on volunteering and prayer requests.
Email and text message marketing:
We will ask for your consent to contact you by email or text message for marketing purposes.
Engage Trust UK is committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing information. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in each email communication we send.
Who We Share Your Information With
Engage Trust UK is committed to ensuring that all personal information collected and processed is appropriate for the stated purpose(s) and shall not constitute an invasion of your privacy. We may share your personal data with third party service providers who are contracted by us and we shall ensure that they will hold your personal data securely and shall use it only in order to fulfil the service for which they are contracted. When there is no longer a service need, or the contract comes to an end, the third party will dispose of all personal data according to our procedures. We will never share your personal data with third parties until we have received your consent, unless we are required do so by law.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Engage Trust UK only keeps your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example, HMRC requires that we keep a record of your name, address and Gift Aid declaration for six years from the date of your last donation. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep only the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further, or as required by legal obligations.
Your Information Rights and Choices
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the following rights:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information Engage Trust UK holds about you;
- To correct or update your personal information processed by Engage Trust UK;
- To withdraw your consent where that is the legal basis of our processing;
- To request Engage Trust UK to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email or text.
- To know about the cookies Engage Trust UK uses, so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your device.
For more information about your information rights visit www.ico.org.uk
Reporting Concerns or Compliments
Should you wish to be provided with further information or exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ form on the website or by emailing email@example.com stating your full name and providing us with sufficient information to verify your identity. Please also help us to respond quickly by indicating why you think we hold Personal Information about you and what information you think we may hold. Sometimes there may be a reason why access will not be possible. If that is the case, you will be told why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
Engage Trust UK reserves the right to remove or amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we decide to replace or change it, we will post a new Notice or the changes to this Privacy Notice on this page and we encourage you to visit this page frequently to stay informed. Your continued use of the Engage Trust UK Website following the posting of a new Notice or changes to this Privacy Notice will indicate your acceptance of the new Notice or these changes, as the case may be.
Thank you from everyone at Engage Trust UK for your amazing support!
Please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Chair of Trustees
97 Canterbury Road
Wolverhampton WV4 4EQ
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This notice was last updated on 22nd May 2018.